Thursday, December 30, 2010

Don't follow me, I'm lost too!

Some people have privately expressed their apprehension over my expressing certain “controversial” views within this blog (I think you can figure out which ones fit the bill). While I believe there is genuine concern behind such comments, the title of the blog is Speaking My Truththe key word being “My.” This blog is about what I have discovered to be true for me through my own experiences. I am not suggesting or encouraging anyone to follow my spiritual pathon the contraryI want people to feel free to follow their own spiritual path. I often found that what worked for me was more than a couple standard deviations from the mainstream. But that’s just me. I have always had an affinity for the road less traveled. As I pointed out in my first postI have always tried to follow the Buddha’s advice and not accept ANYTHING on anyone else’s authority. In doing so, I don’t have to fear “radical” or “controversial” ideas. Ultimately, I will decide what is true for me based on the Universe’s best teacher–personal experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment